Mindfulness Based Stress Reduction – Spring 2022 Session
Please note that this session is being offered online via The Ontario Telehealth Network and Zoom.
The MBSR program includes:
- An individual interview before the start of the program
- Nine 3-hour weekly sessions, plus one 1/2-day weekend retreat if online (10 sessions in total)
- Small groups of 12-14 people
- Homework – approximately one hour every day, six days a week. This includes 30-45 minutes of practice of mindfulness techniques plus 15 minutes of reading and written assignments to be completed during the week.
- Guided instruction in mindfulness meditation practices
- Gentle structure and mindful movement
- Self-inquiry exercises to cultivate awareness in daily life
- Group participation and dialogue
- Individualized feedback
Dates and times for the Spring 2022 session will be as follows. These dates and times are tentative and subject to change. Groups will be offered in response to participant demand.
Monday Evenings, 5:30 – 8:30 pm – ONLINE
May 2, 9, 16, 23, 30, June 6, 13, 20, 27
Thursday Afternoons – this group will not be offered for the Spring 2022 session
Thursday Evenings, 7:00 – 10:00 pm – ONLINE
May 5, 12, 19, 26, June 2, 9, 16, 23, 30
If you would like to add your name to our contact list, please email our office at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include your telephone number(s) and indicate your first two group choices. Please indicate if you want an in-person or online session or are available for either delivery format. Invitations for available places will be sent over the next few months. If you do not receive an invitation, your name will be forwarded to the list for the next available session.
An individual intake interview will be arranged to confirm that this program is suitable for your needs. Due to a high volume of interest in the program, there is currently an approximate 1 month wait before we are able to schedule your intake interview. Your patience is appreciated.
Please note that this is a psycho-therapeutic program designed to help manage medical and/or psychological symptoms of stress, anxiety and related disorders. This is not a general interest course.
For a referral for Dr. Walk’s program, please have a medical practitioner fill out the form below.