Mindfulness Based Stress Reduction – Fall 2022 Session
Please note that the MBSR program will be offered in person as well online via The Ontario Telehealth Network and Zoom.
The MBSR program includes:
- An individual interview before the start of the program
- Nine 3-hour weekly sessions, plus one 1/2-day weekend retreat if online (10 sessions in total)
- Small groups of 12-14 people
- Homework – approximately one hour every day, six days a week. This includes 30-45 minutes of practice of mindfulness techniques plus 15 minutes of reading and written assignments to be completed during the week.
- Guided instruction in mindfulness meditation practices
- Gentle structure and mindful movement
- Self-inquiry exercises to cultivate awareness in daily life
- Group participation and dialogue
- Individualized feedback
The Fall 2022 session will begin the week of October 10th. Groups will be offered in response to participant demand and space availability.
Monday Evenings from 6:00 pm- 9:00 pm – in person (Monday group to start the week of October 17th)
Thursday Afternoons from 1:30pm-4:30pm – online
Thursday Evenings from 7:00 pm-10:00 pm – online
If you would like to add your name to our contact list, please email our office at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include your telephone number(s) and indicate your first two group choices. Please indicate if you want an in-person or online session or are available for either delivery format.
An individual intake interview will be arranged to confirm that this program is suitable for your needs. Due to a high volume of interest in the program, there is currently an approximate 1 month wait before we are able to schedule your intake interview. Your patience is appreciated.
Please note that this is a psycho-therapeutic program designed to help manage medical and/or psychological symptoms of stress, anxiety and related disorders. This is not a general interest course.
For a referral for Dr. Walk’s program, please have a medical practitioner fill out the form below.