Specifics – Conscious Living Group (MBSR II)
- Nine 3-hour weekly sessions
- Approximately one third of each evening’s session will be guided mindfulness practices. These include body scans, yoga, sitting meditations, and guided visualizations.
- Small and large group discussion on the above-mentioned themes.
- Experiential and interactive participant exercises in self-discovery and mindfulness (in pairs or in groups – let’s make this fun!). Please note: some pair exercises involve respectful touch.
- Instructional teaching on needs, self-esteem, and assertiveness.
- There is a 45-minute daily meditation practice requirement as well as a series of self-reflective exercises pertaining to the themes discussed in session.
- MBSR or meditation background
- An intake interview and/or doctor’s referral
The Spring 2018 session dates will be as follows (subject to change):
Tuesdays from 7-10:00 p.m.
May 1, 8, 15, 22, 29, June 5, 12, 19 & 26
If you meet the program prerequisite and would like to add your name to the waitlist for upcoming sessions, please contact our office at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include your telephone number.
Three C.D.’s of meditation practices:
- Meditation on Thoughts & Feelings
- Loving Kindness Meditation
- Guided Visualizations
Homework binder, weekly log book and gratitude journal.
$150 fee for materials and services not covered by OHIP.
The weekly sessions are covered by OHIP.
The Better Life Studios – 390 Dupont St. Suite 201
(between Bathurst and Spadina on the north side. Limited parking is available in the lot; metered street parking is available on Dupont; street parking available in the neighbourhood. There are two pay parking lots located on Bridgman Ave., one block north of Dupont. Dupont Subway Station is three short blocks away