- An individual interview before the start of the program
- Nine 3-hour weekly evening sessions, plus one 7-hour weekend day retreat (10 sessions in total)
- Homework – one hour every day, six days a week, for practice of mindfulness techniques
- Guided instruction in mindfulness meditation practices
- Gentle structure and mindful yoga
- Self-inquiry exercises to cultivate awareness in daily life
- Group participation and dialogue
- Reading and written assignments to be completed during the week (approximately 15 minutes per day)
- Individualized feedback
The Fall 2019 session is now full.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for information on future sessions, and to add your name to the Winter 2020 list.
Location: The Better Life Studios – 390 Dupont St. Suite 201 (between Bathurst and Spadina on the north side; limited parking in lot; metered street parking is available on Dupont, street parking available in neighbourhood, two pay lots located on Bridgman Ave., north of Dupont).
Transit: Dupont Subway Station is 3 short blocks away
Cost: $200 fee (approximate – subject to cost of text and CD’s) for materials and services not covered by OHIP.
The intake interview, weekly sessions and one full-day weekend session are covered by OHIP.
If you would like to add your name to our contact list, please email our office at email@example.com. Please include your telephone number(s) and indicate your first two group choices. Invitations for available places will be sent over the next few months. If you do not receive an invitation, your name will be forwarded to the list for the next available session.
An individual intake interview will be arranged to confirm that this program is suitable for your needs. Due to a high volume of interest in the program, there is currently an approximate 1-2 month wait before we are able to schedule your intake interview. Your patience is appreciated.
Please note that this is a psycho-therapeutic program designed to help manage medical and/or psychological symptoms of stress, anxiety and related disorders. This is not a general interest course.
A referral from your physician is requested. MBSR Referral form